Whether you are buying or selling Madison WI homes for sale, a Real Estate Agent is worth the commission you pay based on the benefits you receive. It is the same as hiring an attorney or accountant. They can save you money and valuable time. A professional agent can guide you through the pitfalls of the housing market. There are two ways you can sell your home:
- You can try to sell the home as a “For Sale by Owner” property.
- You can hire the services of a professional realtor.
In the unpredictable Real Estate market of today, it is highly recommended to obtain the services of a professional. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the deal closes successfully, and in a timely manner. This is important to your agent because, if the deal doesn’t close, he/she will not get their commission.
In today’s housing market, selling a home means competing against many foreclosures and short sales available on the market. These homes are currently selling at record-low prices. That’s why finding a buyer that is willing to pay the fair market value for your home can be easier said than done. A knowledgeable professional, like your selling agent, will be able to assist you with this.
When buying a home you need a true expert, like a buying agent, that can negotiate on your behalf. The entire buying process can be stressful, if you are not experienced in real estate negotiations. Here are just some of the hoops a buyer must jump through to get the deal started:
- You have to make an offer, and after the home inspection, you may have to renegotiate.
- The lender will want to protect the investment by making sure the mortgagor can repay the mortgage loan.
- The lender will want to make sure the property has sufficient value.
- The lender will request an appraisal. Note: Deals often get canceled after the appraisal.
- According to the National Association of Realtors, 11% of deals are canceled from an appraisal coming in below the price negotiated between buyer and seller.
- 14% of successful deals are renegotiated to a lower sales price.
Five Reasons for Hiring a Realtor
In order to cause yourself less stress, it would be wise to hire a real estate agent. They will be in charge of negotiations and required administrative processes, while you can be concentrating on other aspects of your life. This may include working overtime to save more money, shopping for the right home, even getting your current home prepared to sell. Here are five great reasons for hiring a realtor, whether you’re a buyer, or a seller:
- ExperienceThis goes without saying. Your RE agent has experience you do not possess. You don’t need to worry about the process every day, because your agent will keep you up-to-date.
- Buffering A buyer’s agent will act as a buffer between the buyer and other seller’s agents. They can help to weed out unwanted deals, according to the buyer’s wants and needs. While, a seller’s agent will weed out unsolicited phone calls and lookie loos who are not really serious about buying a home at this time. They will only refer serious buyers who are ready to make an offer.
- Neighborhood Information Realtors are very knowledgeable about their markets. If they don’t know the “industry buzz” about a particular neighborhood, they have the access to resources to find out about the area. They can help with comparable prices, as well as data on schools, crime stats, etc…
- Pricing Leadership Your real estate agent knows the right factors to consider when helping you price your home. They do not set the prices. They just provide you with enough information to guide you through the pricing process. Remember, an overpriced home, probably will not sell in the current market. A buyer’s agent will advise them of current market values, as well.
- Market Conditions Expert Your expert realtor knows the current housing market conditions that will effect both selling and buying property. He/she will share any information to help you make the right decision on costs and other data that will effect your selling and buying decisions.
Hire a Realtor for Assistance
You need an expert to keep the deal together until it closes. That’s where your real estate agents skills come in handy. Hire a Real Estate Agent and negotiate the commission. In this maze of Real Estate complexities your agent will be worth it.
Article provided by Jolenta Averill and posted by Tampa Bay Condos. You can see all Madison WI homes by visiting Jolenta’s website. Jolenta is the Broker/Owner of Lake & City Homes Realty, a boutique real estate brokerage in Madison, Wisconsin.