Almost seems to good to be true, doesn’t it? Today more and more people are getting down about their homes not selling. What can you do to help? Here’s a few tips that are essential in a tough market and great ideas in any market.
1. Buyers have tons of choices. The condition of the home is now one of the most critical factors. Make it great.
2. Stay informed on the market conditions and statistics. What’s sold, what’s on the market, who is your competition.
3. Call your real estate agent weekly, better yet ask him to call you and brainstorm new ideas.
4. If the activity on your home is non-existant, be the #1 home for sale among your competition for price. Drop the price so that you are 5% lower than like homes in your area.
5. Be a cooperative seller. Take all advice and consider all suggestions from your real estate agent.
6. If a buyer views your home and you get positive feedback, write an offer to the potential buyer giving them a fair price. It might trigger a negotation.
7. Do some networking between your friends, neighbors, and work associates. Let everyone know that your home is for sale.
8. Make the home an easy-show. This means a lock box on the front door and an enthusiastic YES when the phone rings that someone wants to see your home. Then leave the house well before they are scheduled to arrive.
9. Keep the home tidy 24×7. You never know when you will get a call that someone wants to drop by.
10. Rid the home of offensive odors like pet smells and cigarettes. Those are the two biggest turn offs to fussy buyers.